CTD’s Cinema Touching Disability Returns
This year is the Festival’s tenth anniversary and it promises to be the best one yet! Here is a glimpse into tonight’s exceptional activities:
1. Come early to see a live graffiti art demo by Austin-based Nathan “Sloke One” Nordstrom. His art will be auctioned off later that night.
2. Feature film: Getting Up: the Tempt One Story — After being diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease and rendered almost completely paralyzed, a graffiti artist regains his voice through technology that reads the movement of his eyes and enables him to create art and write once again.
3. Following the feature film, there will be a discussion with Nathan Nordstrom about graffiti art and the process of creating it.
4. A must see, exclusive CTD interview with Dr. Temple Grandin!
5. Top three finalists from the short film competition (non-documentary category)